Thursday, October 22, 2009
Dinner for the week
No job = no income. No income = depleting money. Depleting money = less to spend. Less to spend = less to buy. I guess you get the picture. So lately I have decided to give myself a spending limit when I go to the grocery store so I don't spend more than I have. Its been working out pretty well so far. But in order to buy less at the store, I need to make sure that food goes farther. This means buying breakfast, lunch, and dinner items that will last an entire week, or close to that. Breakfast is really easy, cereal and fruit, english muffins and eggs, waffles, toast and oatmeal. Breakfast is my favorite meal. I would eat it all the time if I wasn't worried about getting in meat and veggies and eating "right." Lunch is more difficult because I HATE lunch. Its my least favorite meal. I have successfully tried bagels and fruit, bean burritos, pbj and chips, grilled cheese and tomato soup. Dinner is so much fun to make. I love getting creative with it. I have some meals that already work for the week, like a bbq chicken rice skillet dish, pasta fagioli, and chili. I love going outside the box though, adding to the list from recipes I find or coming up with something on the spot with what I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment