Thursday, October 22, 2009
Chicken and Potatoes Harvest Casserole
So I decided to start making casserole dishes for dinner in order to get a meal with leftovers for the whole week. I had some frozen chicken, a medley of potatoes my friend had given me from her family garden and a green squash that I also did not know what it was. I decided that I was going to bake the chicken, potatoes, and squash with some carrots, celery, onion, and garlic that I already had around the house and make a "harvest" casserole, perfect for the fall weather. In a casserole dish I added two chicken breasts, onions, garlic, potato medley, unknown squash, carrots, and celery. Meanwhile, I had a pot on the stove with butter, evoo, and honey mustard simmering. After about 10min. I took the pot off and poured the butter mixture into the casserole dish. It baked in the oven at 350, covered, for about 40 min. I checked it every 10 min to mix up the veggies and potatoes and make sure they were being coated with the butter mixture. A neat little thing I do with when I bake chicken is to cut into the breast in several places and place pieces of butter (and sometimes lemon juice) into the cuts. I learned this from my friend Lisa. It helps keep the chicken really moist. The end result was an amazing dish that I had for about 6 days. Highly Recommend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it's called a gem squash :)
ReplyDeletethis sounds amazing! i admit though I had to look up what EVOO was.
ReplyDeleteso proud of you former-roomie!